dermRounds Dermatology Network

Connecting Dermatologists and Dermatology Professionals

Dear friends,

Do you have a magic solution for treatment of plantar warts? I have a petient which i try to manage for one year.. we did electrocauterisation, cryotherapy and aldara.. but they are still becoming larger and even new lesions are appearing..
What else can i do?
Thanks for your contribution!
BW

Views: 1160

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

in case of multiple lesions

try systemic retinoides - Accutane cap

That is also a good idea, i think it is also possible to use accutane for plane warts, do you use?
most of my cases i can control using combinaion of agressive cryotherapy and topical sailcylic acid (25-40%) never went for Accutane but im always keeping in my mind

do a shave biopsy of a verruca.

put it in formalin.

now do a punch biopsy in thigh and remove material till deep dermis.

now put the shave biopsy material in that wound and take a stitch to securely keep that material of verruca in dermal region in thigh.

that is it.

Consider to order an ultrasound examination for checking the thickness and  associated inflammatory changes to the plantar wart.

You can check these references:

1-Sonography of Plantar Warts, J Ultrasound Med. 2009 Jun; 28 :787-93,

2-Anatomical detection of inflammatory changes associated to plantar warts, Dermatology 2010;220:213-217

• I had several patients with sever cystic acne and palmo plantar warts, after treatment with standard dose of ACCUTANE For their cystic acne , there was no any improvement in their warts.for recalcitrance warts I had good result with several passes by Pulse  dye laser (PDL)  for Subungual and palmo plantar  warts.

Dear colleagues.,happy NY'2012.,nice to be connected with all.,a gentle reminder.,plantar warts are planted deep into the plantar sole of feet usually by some form of pointed punctre which is the reason why you have to pare or scale the wart before you can see the nest of warty cells which typically appears as black dots'',

If you want to hit this you have to expose this site before you attempt to treat this with what ever ablative procedure.,physical or chemical.,so please try to expose the nest of black dots the next time around and you can expect better results.,reminder again the virus sticks to an epidermal cell at the top and cannot stimulate the pts.immune system to fight back-I was indeed impressed by one of our colleagues suggestions to implant some of the viral particles put into formalin'into the thigh skin for this indeed could serve to stimulate the pts own defence,,,seenikatty  malaysia. 

Nice information

RSS

Cases and Connections

dermRounds Partners

Student Doctor Network

radRounds

RNRounds

iHealthBuzz

© 2018   Created by dermRounds Dermatology Network.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service